As a result of existing research, funding commitments and a reduced budget, the trustees have decided to focus on a small number of research development grants.
These grants are:
- Intended primarily for early career researchers or lecturers and not for individuals who are well established in research.
- To be used exclusively to support the award holder’s own research and may not be used for their own personal salaries.
- To be used for items of equipment, for consumables, travel, accommodation or for technical assistance.
- Prioritised for research into new therapies, procedures or diagnostics, particularly within the field of heart surgery.
- Ranging in size from £5,000 – £10,000
(Note: payment will be made through the recipient’s hospital/university research department not to the individual)
Please see our ‘how to apply page’ if you are eligible to make an application.